On Tue, 13 Feb 2024 15:21:13 GMT, Alexey Ivanov <aiva...@openjdk.org> wrote:

> the test fails all the time in windows & linux if PL is removed...

Okay, I see it fails. For me, it fails on Windows because no suitable font is
found; on Ubuntu 22.04 there are fonts available and the test fails because
**[JDK-8001470](https://bugs.openjdk.org/browse/JDK-8001470) is not fixed**.

And this test demonstrates it. **The test is not to be removed**.

In this way, your initial description of the bug was eventually correct: it is
a clone of JDK-8001470 to resolve this problem since the fix for JDK-8001470 is
backed out.

**This is a product bug!** Not a test bug. You have to fix the problem
described in JDK-8001470.

PR Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/17528#issuecomment-1941804581