On Tue, 12 Mar 2024 08:46:45 GMT, Alexander Zuev <kiz...@openjdk.org> wrote:

>> test/jdk/javax/swing/JDesktopPane/4132993/bug4132993.java line 47:
>>
>>> 45:             } catch (PropertyVetoException ex) {
>>> 46:                 ex.printStackTrace();
>>> 47:             }
>>
>> Shouldn't the test fail if an unexpected exception is thrown?
>
> It is not unexpected but instead of failing i think test should just pass.
> Which will happen because the internal frame is not minimized so the test
> condition is not recreated.

I believe it's unexpected because we don't expect `PropertyVetoException`, in
which case failure seems a better option.

If anything changes so that `PropertyVetoException` would be thrown all the
time, the test would appear to be passing whereas it would not run at all.

PR Review Comment: https://git.openjdk.org/jdk/pull/18184#discussion_r1521337005