On Fri, Nov 21, 2008 at 6:14 AM, Konrad Hinsen
<[EMAIL PROTECTED]> wrote:

> As a first non-trivial exercice, I wrote an implementation of monads
> in Clojure. I just uploaded it to the Group:
>
>        http://clojure.googlegroups.com/web/monads.clj

This is pretty code.  Did you just implement symbol-macro-let?  Very nice.

I noticed that you have a private function (monad-expr) used by a
macro, and was about to comment that that doesn't work -- but your
function is used by the macro, not the *expansion* of the macro, so it
should work just fine.  I'll have to keep that in mind.

(zero? n) is an idiom for (= 0 n)

Alas even your beautiful, succinct implementation and careful code
comments are apparently insufficient for me to understand monads.

I'll keep trying. :-)

--Chouser