On Nov 21, 2008, at 17:10, Chouser wrote:

> This is pretty code.  Did you just implement symbol-macro-let?
> Very nice.

I just saw a reference to symbol-macrolet with a description. My
function replace-syms is indeed very similar, the difference being
that it takes a map for defining the substitutions to be done,
instead of a let-like sequence. The difference is not just in syntax
though, as expressions in symbol-macrolet can refer to earlier
"bindings" (they aren't really bindings) whereas my replace-syms
doesn't check for substitutions to be made inside other
substitutions. But it would be fairly easy to implement symbol-
macrolet on top of my replace-syms. Would that be something of
interest to the Clojure community?

Konrad.