>Start by telling us precisely what you did to "run clojure."

I have the below in my batch file
SET CLASSPATH=/clojure/clojure/clojure.jar ;\
/clojure/clojure/clojure-contrib.jar;\
java clojure.lang.Repl

To run means clicking batch file. I followed the instructiom from
Clojure Programming Book.
I got a message box with the "Failed to load Main-Class manifest
attribute from C;/clojure/
clojure/clojure". On click ok, it opened the Repl.

Emeka