On Tue, Dec 16, 2008 at 2:22 AM, Daniel Spiewak <djspie...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Proper regexp highlighting would be nice, but as I mentioned, I'm not
> sure what the "correct" way to handle this may be.  Are regular
> expressions actually handled specially in the reader?  If not, then we
> should probably just reuse the string highlighting semantics.

#"pattern" is handled by a different reader function than "string".
Both are terminated by the first unescaped double-quote, so simple
highlighting of the whole expression in a single color would be the
same.  However, the set of internal escape sequences recognized by
each are different.  For example \w means 'whitespace' in a regex (and
is colored differently from the rest of the regex by vim in perl code)
but is currently illegal in a Clojure string.

--Chouser