> On Fri, Jan 23, 2009 at 12:23 PM, Jason Wolfe <jawo...@berkeley.edu>
> wrote:
>>
>> OK, if these are not wanted in core right now, will anyone sign off
>> for adding them to clojure.contrib?
>>

> Well, *I* want these changes you've proposed in the core, but of
> course, I'm not in charge.

Thanks.

>  I guess the real question is, what is the
> process to ensure that Rich sees and considers a potential core
> improvement like this?  I think the main mechanism for this is to post
> it as an "issue" on google code, but I'm not certain whether you're
> supposed to post an issue unless he's seen the newsgroup thread and
> says, "Yes, that sounds good, please post it as an issue."  But if he
> misses the thread for some reason, that will never happen.  So it's a
> bit of a catch-22.  Anyway, maybe someone can clarify the procedure.

Yes, it is not supposed to be posted as a core issue unless Rich OK's
it here.

I just had a discussion about just this "meta"-issue on IRC.  Chouser
says that Rich still reads every message on the group.  See also the
further-up discussion in [1] for more procedural details, where it is
also suggested that an explicit sign-off here should be required for
posting clojure.contrib issues.

[1] http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/msg/657291bc62c48f32?hl=en

Anyway, I'm feeling quite frustrated and won't try to push this (or
any other) issue further.  I know Rich and the team are very busy, but
it really saps my will to contribute when I have to keep pushing to
get an authoritative answer (be it yes or no) on even (what seems to
me to be) a fairly uncontroversial change like this one, or [2].

[2]
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_thread/thread/5d11bc0da25a7ecc?hl=en#

Sorry for taking your question as a jumping off point for whining
about not getting attention.  I guess my short answer is: the policy
is fairly clear, but its current implementation may be discouraging
potential contributors like myself.

-Jason