The second step could be Lisp to Clojure code translation (Clojure
Programming/Further Reading) and the third could be on Lisp itself
and functional language concepts if the need arises.

Reading Clojure code translates from Lisp is not so much to learn Lisp
concepts but to see how
real problems can be solved in Clojure and to get you familiar with a
very different world compared
to Java and the current "industry adopted" languages from the last 20
years or so.

At least by following this path, you will make progress in the good
direction, first learn Clojure and how
it can be used and eventually get exposed to Lisp and its siblings.

Having done enough work in Lisp myself to understand most of the
concepts in Clojure,
I followed this track to avoid getting "polluted" by the knowledge I had
of Lisp.

No offense here to Lispers but when I learn a new language, I try to
learn it as it is and I make parallels
and connections with what I know at the moment. Otherwise you end up
learning more than one thing
at the same time and it can get quite confusing.

If your experience is made mostly of  "conventional" languages this path
should be easier.
After that if you are curious you can give a closer look to the Lisp
heritage.

Luc