> What problem would be solved by each customer having his own registry?

Name clashes (to be fair, elsewhere on this thread, Sean Corfield suggested
prefixing and this would certainly work).

> What do you mean by retracting specs? And what problem would this solve?

Retracting a spec means that it's not in use anymore. In this instance, I'm
just imagining my users' requirements.  I can foresee them wanted to
indicate that a particular spec is no longer in use.  I suppose I could
always "change" the spec to be (constantly false).