The primary use case for clj initially will be new users or existing users that
want to build a repl-focused project without any real intent to deploy artifacts

Fair enough. Not convinced clj is very beginner-friendly (compared to Boot –
it’s certainly more friendly than Leiningen) but I suspect when there are
installers available – and documentation out there is updated to reflect that –
it’ll seem easier.

FWIW, Boot allows you to play with arbitrary libraries in the REPL like this:

        boot -d group/artifact repl

No project needed, no build.boot etc, just a REPL with the specified libraries
available, wherever you are.

Over time we have ideas about other things we can build out from this core - I
hinted at some in my EuroClojure talk.

Looking forward to this appearing on ClojureTV! Heard interesting things about
it from attendees!

I suspect it's a small job to make boot leverage a deps.edn file now as a
source of dependencies

Yeah, that’s how we handle all our dependencies at World Singles – and it sure
is easy with Boot: (merge-env! :dependencies (edn/read-string (slurp
“deps.edn”))) – although, of course, the deps.edn file we use is just a vector
of vectors, like the regular :dependencies key in Boot/Leiningen.

tools.deps.alpha uses the latest Maven Resolver api directly.

Good to know, thanks.

Sean