Jump on in! Just like with swimming the cold soon goes away. I found
that without types it was mentally taxing to understand many function
description. Something that helped me was collecting examples for
functions as I came across them:
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Clojure_Programming/Examples/API_Examples