Here's my feeling on it (note that I am talking about languages from
the C family, not Haskell or ML).

1. Like Jason Wolfe said, the interactive REPL means that you can
manually test a function as soon as you're done writing it, so it's
easy to get feedback and know if something breaks.

2. The whole thing does not need to be complete or even functional for
you to start unit testing.

3. The type systems of Java, C and C++ do not protect you against
errors like NullPointerExceptions. (I am pretty sure C# has nullable
types now, and of course Haskell has Maybe t.)

4. Not having the static type system means that if it's ever needed,
it will be possible for you to do what you know is right instead of
what the compiler wants.

Try it, test a lot, use the REPL and you'll probably find that the
problem is not as bad as one may think.  Nevertheless, I'd like to
mention that I'm also a fan of static typing and that to this day, I
still don't know whether I prefer the freedom and flexibility of
dynamic typing or the constraint and safety of static typing.

Be safe,

Vincent.