Hi Rich,

Every decision is a balance and will have good and bad aspects, of course.

In the good aspects of releasing a 1.0 quickly, is the fact that (coupled
with Stu's book release) I can try to more succesfully promote clojure
internally in my company (Ah, these psychological issues ;-).

In the bad aspects, are of course, some things I would like to see more
"polished" before releasing a 1.0.

By "polished", I don't necessary am asking for still adding more
functionality, but cleaning up things here and there.
Especially, removing complexity where it's not needed would be good, because
it eases the learning curve for newcomers.
I'm thinking here of the ns <-> lib somewhat unneeded distinction, which may
cause newcomers halt to think about it for (I think) no good reason.
Something like : "Wait, in the ns doc, they speak about something called a
"lib-spec". Lib definitely looks like the prefix of "library", so there must
be the concept of "library" in clojure. Where is it ? ... search ... search
... search .... well it doesn't seem to me that there is stuff related to
library in a way that it differs from stuff related to namespaces .... think
... think ... think ... is it me that doesn't understand something ? ...
think ... think ... is it just over engineering ....".

Multiply the above thoughts by the number of newcomers.

If I'm right, I am candidate to submit patches for removing "lib-spec" from
clojure source, clojure-contrib and wiki documentation.

Regards,

--
Laurent