Rich,

A list of the things you know you want to add or change would be
useful to this discussion.  For all we know, there could be a game-
changer on that list that would suggest holding off on 1.0.

Aside from that, I think you are right about the psychology of
language adoption and book-buying.  Declaring 1.0 to coincide with the
content and publication date of Stuart's book is just an excellent
idea, regardless of all the other issues raised so far.

Regards,
Chris