Hi,
I am working with a very long list and populating it to a map. What i
have is three pieces of data from the list;
-Row Number
-Heading info List
-Actual Info List
note: both the Heading Info List and Actual Info List have the same
number of elements as each heading name will have a corresponding
actual value.

I define a headingnamelist which is a list of headings to be used to
generate the keys.

I iterate through the list and for each row look up each of the
heading names in the Heading Info List to get an index of where a
particular element should be in the Actual Info List and then i go and
get this from the Actual Info List and use this as part of my key.
With the key i write the Row Number to the map. If the key is already
there i just cons it to the exiting map value.

As i said it is quite a large list and i keep getting a stack
overflow. For comparison purposes i ran a similar program in python
and it ran in a matter of seconds.

Has anybody any ideas why this is happening?

tks,
PJ