Hi Patrick,

Please provide some code.

fitzpatrick...@googlemail.com a écrit :
> I iterate through the list and for each row look up each of the
> heading names in the Heading Info List to get an index of where a
> particular element should be in the Actual Info List and then i go and
> get this from the Actual Info List and use this as part of my key.
> With the key i write the Row Number to the map. If the key is already
> there i just cons it to the exiting map value.

Code smell: indexes. Most of the time, if you are using indexes there's
something wrong in your code.
To work with two parallel lists (heading-info-list and
actual-info-list), you can either build a map (if your keys are distinct):
  (-> (zipmap heading-info-list actual-info-list) (select-keys
headingnamelist) vals)
or turn the pair of lists into a list of pairs before further processing:
  (map vector heading-info-list actual-info-list)
or directly work in parallel on both lists:
  (map some-fn heading-info-list actual-info-list)

hth,

Christophe

--
Professional: http://cgrand.net/ (fr)