Unless you provide some kind of isolated source code that reproduces
the problem, I don't think it is going to be easy to help you out.

But try adding "(doall ..)" to some your "map" calls and others.

Even better, look at this excellent explanation why this might be
happening by Cristophe Grand:
http://groups.google.com/group/clojure/browse_frm/thread/43f9a716f1f91f5d#

Also check whether you don't have recursive functions (replace them
with loop/recur), or mutually recursive ones (for them, you would have
to use mutual exclusion). But I doubt that was the problem, more
likely the default lazy mode of clojure, and what Cristophe was
talking about is probably connected to your problem.