Hi,

Am 04.06.2009 um 14:28 schrieb Andrew Wagner:

Just got my copy of Programming Clojure last night (great book, kudos Stuart!). I've got a silly question now. There's a comment in the book about one piece of code where it says "the symbol gets associated with a var which gets bound to a value". That sounds strange to my ear. Wouldn't a value get bound to a var, not the other way around? Or am I over-thinking?

Like Pierpaolo I would think, this is ok. A value may be referenced
by many Vars, but a Var can only refer to a single value. So "binding"
a Var to a value makes more sense to me than the other way around.
("binding" somehow has an exclusive look..)

Sincerely
Meikel