> Please correct me if I'm wrong, but both Maven and Ivy appear to be
> designed to resolve dependencies during build time.

Ivy can be used as set of Ant tasks, stand-alone command line tool or
as a library. If used as a library there is nothing stopping you to
resolve your dependencies at runtime.

> $ clod install foo
> => installing... done.
> $ clj
> user=> (use 'foo)

This looks like offline usage just as with any build tool.

> Another big difference is that Maven and Ivy appear to use centralised
> repositories. I'm proposing what amounts to a distributed repository.

There is no centralized repository with Ivy. You can build one, but
with Packager resolver every project can create its own repository, it
can even keep it in /repo dir in its git/hg/svn tree.

--
Krešimir Šojat