Hi Meikel,

I think you did a fantastic job with VimClojure!
It's really what has gotten me started with Clojure and back to Java.

I had very carefully read your instructions, including the README.txt,
but still managed to not get it to work at first.
Of course I was the one that screwed up! Problem is, I had no idea
where it was that I screwed up!
Really, the question is, what should we assume the user should know/
doesn't know/shouldn't know.
For instance, there might be some implementations details that may be
important when installing, but likely to change
as VimClojure matures.

So, instead of adding more to the documentation, which could further
confuse the user, maybe we could try this:
- gather all the necessary installation steps, in the right order
(done! in your head at least)
- ask someone to write a single test for each step, and bunch 'em up
in a bash script
- notify the user when that step has failed.

For instance, a typical question I had, but could not verify, is : is
my classpath correct? Oh, yeah, that tilde thing...
An experienced Java user might laugh at this, but a beginner, or a
casual user would think differently.

We understand how much energy you put into this, so instead of having
you write tests, maybe someone else could do it.
I would love to, for the little stuff I know.

Another, perhaps stupid sounding point :) I want to make, is I think a
Vim+VimClojure+NailGun+Clojure self-contained box would work great.
All three would be so small a footprint (1/10th of Netbeans...), I
don't care for the redundancy of installs if I can install them and
get going in a few clicks.

Again, thank you for all your efforts and also the time you spend
answering people on the forum!

Vielen Danken!

Bokeh