One of the weirdest things coming to the Java world is to witness what
strange things people take for granted should be in the build tool.
All the example features you mention in your article are convenient,
but I don't see why they belong in the build tool. They should be
completely separate pieces of functionality that you happen to use the
build tool to invoke. Why this obsession with integration and unified
configuration?

-Per