I guess much of this comes down to style. I find xml-http-request easier to
read and consistent with the english language practice of using hyphens to join
words in compound modifiers.

But my point regarding XMLHttpRequest was regarding the seemingly arbitrary and
difficult to remember (for me at least) uppercasing of the letters in
XMLHttpRequest. That choice seems no more valid than XMLHTTPRequest or
XmlHttpRequest, all of which I find much harder on the eyes, and more difficult
to type, than xml-http-request.

Cyrus