It would be _nice_ to have a default that was the baseline format. The Canon of
Clojure Conventional Conformity (CCCC).

If an org or project wanted to have a different format, they could supply it as
a plugin to the clojure-fmt tool.

(set-format "local-conventions")

When the format gets applied, etc is up to the smart people. It would make
sense to me that (set-format ...) is for the physical representation of the
file on disk and in version control, etc. If my IDE understood (set-format ...)
I could *view* and *edit* in my preferred format (local project or IDE
setting), I would never know or care about the underlying representation.

Does that make sense?

If Clojure was stored in an opaque binary container we wouldn't care,
everyone's viewer/editor would adjust. The physical representation would cease
to matter.