On Sun, Sep 5, 2010 at 1:08 PM, Daniel Gagnon <redalas...@gmail.com> wrote:
> I'd be all for having clojure-fmt that would format clojure code in the way
> Rich prefers it so that when I get random code I could convert it to a nice
> and predictable format. It should be even simpler to write for a lisp than
> other languages.

I think it's unfortunate that all three IDEs/plugins I have tested
(Emacs Clojure mode, Netbeans Enclojure, IntelliJ La Clojure) have
slightly different indenting conventions.  Furthermore, all of them
have certain "holes" in their indenting treatment -- for example, I
posted many months ago that the letfn construct was a source of
difficulty for most or all of the plugins I had tried.

I think it would be great if an official "clojure-fmt" tool existed.
I have no interest in forcing people to use it who don't want to.  But
I think it would set a great baseline for IDEs and would be helpful to
the people and teams who like having coding standards.  I would be one
of a number of people who would voluntarily use such a tool.