>    a) Python doesn't really have this problem

Python doesn't have this problem because the canonical style is define by
PEP 8 and Pythonistas love simplicity through conventions.

PEP 8: http://www.python.org/dev/peps/pep-0008/

I think it's actually a great feature of the language, I almost never got
code that didn't match or nearly matched PEP 8. Google's go goes even
further by having the canonical style define by gofmt. Once your code is
written, you run it through gofmt and it turns canonical. If your code
doesn't look nice after gofmt, you must file a bug against gofmt rather than
hand tweak the formatting.

I'd be all for having clojure-fmt that would format clojure code in the way
Rich prefers it so that when I get random code I could convert it to a nice
and predictable format. It should be even simpler to write for a lisp than
other languages.