On Sep 10, 1:32 am, Mike Meyer <mwm-keyword-googlegroups.
620...@mired.org> wrote:
> I think that Java's strength is enterprise-level, highly scalable web
> servers make people assume that every problem must be a nail for that
> hammer.

I think that Unix's strength is small independent programs
communicating over standard I/O makes you assume that every
environment must be a hammer for that nail.

The JVM environment is philosophically quite different from Unix.
Don't use a JVM language to write one-liners that have to be loaded
every time they're run.

There's not much point in people continuing to defend Clojure and/or
the java ecosystem; unix has its place and so does java.   You've
noticed a symptom of something fundamental in java, you're not
particularly happy about it, so choose a different tool.  Hashbang
script hacks, nailgun, or other workarounds aren't going to change
your mind.