On Fri, Sep 10, 2010 at 3:06 PM, Isaac Gouy <igo...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> So what are we to do when there's a problem that has "no acceptable
> elegant Haskell form"?
Depending on the intend, for you benchmark program, write something
like what it is now.

For real life cases, call an exnternal library, use another language,
transform the solution into something that would not hit the weak
point of the language(I recently saw an example of this on J about a
simple but interesting quiz).

>> > Does it actually say that the hashtable updates have to be
>> > destructive?
>>
>> If want to go that route, be my guest.
>
> I don't understand what you mean, didn't you say - it must be a
> mutable hashtable?
>
> Why couldn't it be a hashtable that copied values?
As I said, be my guest.

>> Indeed. Your benchmark suite are very specific about how certain
>> things must be done in order to measure a specific aspect you want to
>> measure.
>
> The other complaint is that it's not specific enough and allows too
> much play, with programs in one language being too different to
> programs in other languages.

not sure what you want to say.