On Jan 15, 2:40 am, Armando Blancas <armando_blan...@yahoo.com> wrote:
> They used to give you compile switches for that kind of stuff, not
> hope and wholesome wishes. Seems like every performance improvements
> makes the language more complex, uglier or both.

I don't feel strongly about integer limits at all and am always
surprised when this comes up. I did scientific programming on a 32 bit
platform for several years and never met anyone who hit big problems
with fixed size integers. For illustration, Long.max is:

   9 223 372 036 854 775 807

which is so much bigger than I was used to. I know encryption requires
BigInteger but I have yet to see a native clojure encryption library.
It would help people like me understand the debate if some mainstream
examples of applications requiring (seamless) BigInteger support could
be identified.

Saul