Hi,

Am Mittwoch, 6. Juli 2011 09:23:08 UTC+2 schrieb Ken Wesson:

>> Maybe by doing a “cvs -d /path/to/your/local/repository/directory
checkout”?
>> (without having an ancient cvs around to test...)
>
> How would that be implemented, though? Without the server running to
> enforce mutual exclusion and detect edit collisions and everything,
> the whole notion of "checkin" and "checkout" appears to become
> meaningless.

Obviously this is implemented in cvs because the form above comes from its
documentation. In fact since it is on the local machine I would expect
something like flock or lockf to work. What happens if “local” means NFS...

So in fact I would consider “local” to be the trivial case to ensure mutual
exclusion and edit collisions detection if everyone obeys to flock or such.

Sincerely
Meikel