All those are available in 1.2, or am I missing something?

>From my own experience:
metadata, when I started to learn clojure, I thought "this is awesome". When
I realized that metadata only applies to clojure types, it felt unreliable
and I never got to using it.

protocols & records/types - they're straightforward, I use them.

multimethods - since close to every mention of multimethods also involves
telling how slow they are, these are most often shunned.

Jonathan