I think for me at least leveraging the polymorphism that the seq
abstraction provides gets you such a long way compared to collection
libs in other languages that you don't have to reach for the other
features as quickly.
I think Rich even stated that as one of the reasons for delaying their
introduction in the first place, he wanted people to become
comfortable making full use of seqs.

Cheers,
James S