> > The REPL input is the lower right pane. I think I should add some
> > labels on each pane.
>
> Ah yes -- now I see it and that works fine. Thanks also to Adam Burry for
> pointing this out. As Tamreen Khan noted it's a little confusing that there's
> a prompt in the upper pane while input can only be given in the lower pane...
> I agree with Tamreen that the ideal thing would be for both to be in the same
> pane, so it's a normal REPL that takes input and also gives output, but if
> that's very difficult for some reason then I agree that pane labels would
> help.

I see what you're saying. I made the REPL input and output separate to
make an easy multiline editor for the input. But I do agree it would
be nice to show the prompt in the REPL input. If I combine the panes,
I'm concerned that it will be tricky for users to see where the cursor
can go.

> For some reason I was missing this and only seeing the menu item for a new
> project... but now I think this was just me, and that I jumped too quickly to
> the conclusion that new files were to be created outside of clooj. Now I see
> it and it works very nicely. I do think that a hello world walkthrough doc
> would prevent others from missing this and generally help to orient newcomers
> to the environment.

My next task is to make this requirement more obvious -- it's a very
awkward behavior right now.

> In emacs and MCLIDE (and as far as I recall in other environments that I've
> used, mostly for Common Lisp) it appears in a mini buffer below the editing
> pane. I think that's a good solution, but anywhere else "within view but out
> of the way" would suffice. I wouldn't want to put this within the edit buffer
> itself, since it might then get in the way and there'd be a much higher
> premium on getting the information and the way that it's displayed exactly
> right. Part of the beauty of arglist-on-space is that it's often extremely
> helpful -- and I tend to rely on it rather than my memory if it's available
> -- but there are no bad consequences if it's not exactly perfect (e.g.
> because of complex argument lists or special cases that make it hard to
> display the right info).

I think I can grab the arglist just the way the built-in doc macro
does, so it should be relatively straightforward. Thanks again for the
awesome suggestion!