On Mon, Jul 18, 2011 at 2:06 PM, Arthur Edelstein
<arthuredelst...@gmail.com> wrote:
> Tallied. :) What's your favorite keyboard shortcut for invoking smart
> indent? Is it TAB? I imagine it's still important to be able to indent
> and de-indent manually, but maybe I'm wrong.

I use TAB. Just about the only file type I edit for which it doesn't
do this are Makefiles. C/C++, Clojure/Lisp, O'Caml source files, etc,
I use TAB in Emacs and expect it do make the current line indented
appropriately, whether I'm at the beginning, end or in the middle of
the line. I can't remember the last time I really felt I needed an
actual tab character in a source file of mine. Obviously, this can be
a highly individual preference and I fully realize not everyone will
want to have an editor/IDE behave this way (of course, they're
misguided... ;) )

Lars