Sorry, I certainly didn't intend to start such a heated debate ;o)
Hopefully some of you appreciate the link but you're all free to ignore.
The truth is, no matter the media, there are too many interesting things
and you need to choose.
I had this video in my todo list for a week before I took the time to watch
it.
After that, I thought it was kind of special and worth sharing, any textual
representation would betray its essence in my opinion.

2012/2/24 Andy Fingerhut <andy.finger...@gmail.com>

> Perhaps someone will volunteer to transcribe it and post that.  You know,
> maybe someone who can type quickly and prefers text. :-)
>
> I've done that for one of Rich's earlier talks posted as video.  It takes
> time, and I'm not volunteering for this one.
>
> Andy
>
> On Feb 24, 2012, at 11:57 AM, Cedric Greevey wrote:
>
> > On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Daniel E. Renfer <duck112...@gmail.com>
> wrote:
> >>
> >> Ken Wesson was noted for having strong opinions as was a noted hater of
> >> videos where text will do.
> >
> > Most of us on this list probably have strong opinions -- it tends to
> > go with the territory of being smarter than the average bear. As for
> > hating videos where text will do, need I repeat my list of bullet
> > points again? It's quite *obvious*. It's no more surprising for
> > multiple techies to find videos-where-text-will-do to be a troubling
> > trend than for techies to find that Lisps and even Algols are nicer
> > languages to program large systems in than Visual Basic. :) Especially
> > since we techies are very used to using search tools and other things
> > specifically geared around finding *text*, and often have multiple
> > devices including mobile where bandwidth costs can quickly become
> > exorbitant.
> >
> > --

Damien Lepage
http://damienlepage.com