Craig Brozefsky <cr...@red-bean.com> writes:

>> Yes, what a great object lesson in the usefulness of being able to
>> disable locals clearing. Gave me a lot to think about regarding what
>> kind of feedback tools should provide.
>
> I don't understand what "disable locals clearing" means.

In order to avoid memory leaks when dealing with lazy seqs, Clojure's
compiler must emit instructions to clear references to locals so they
can be GC'd. This is necessary in production but severely cripples
debuggers since they only have access to locals that haven't been
cleared. It would also probably be necessary for this kind of live
tracing.

There's a patch that fixes this problem waiting to be applied:

http://dev.clojure.org/jira/browse/CLJ-860

-Phil