On Fri, Feb 24, 2012 at 2:51 PM, Daniel E. Renfer <duck112...@gmail.com> wrote:
> On 02/24/2012 02:42 PM, Cedric Greevey wrote:
>> OK. I googled the group archives. Seems there was a Ken Wesson active
>> on the list for a while, but he disappeared a couple of months before
>> I joined. I'm not sure why people think I might be him.
>
> Ken Wesson was noted for having strong opinions as was a noted hater of
> videos where text will do.

Most of us on this list probably have strong opinions -- it tends to
go with the territory of being smarter than the average bear. As for
hating videos where text will do, need I repeat my list of bullet
points again? It's quite *obvious*. It's no more surprising for
multiple techies to find videos-where-text-will-do to be a troubling
trend than for techies to find that Lisps and even Algols are nicer
languages to program large systems in than Visual Basic. :) Especially
since we techies are very used to using search tools and other things
specifically geared around finding *text*, and often have multiple
devices including mobile where bandwidth costs can quickly become
exorbitant.