On Jun 24, 11:32 pm, John Gabriele <jmg3...@gmail.com> wrote:

> Opinions? Concerns? Wild praise? Searing complaints? General disinterest?

Hi all,

Thanks to feeback --- both here and elsewhere. A handful of points are
now clear:

  * It probably *is* too much trouble to ask folks to fork & send a
pull-request just to add code examples

  * Users who want to add example code can just as well add it to the
project's github wiki. If there's no wiki, they can ask the maintainer
to please enable the wiki.

  * If a github project changes maintainer, it's easy enough to clone
the github wiki repo for use by the new maintainer.

  * Using github's Markdown for docs is often sufficient. If a user
wants the extra features of Pandoc's enhanced-Markdown, nothing's
stopping them from using that and generating html themselves.

  * The categorized listing of modules at clojure-toolbox is nicer
than a flat listing like at the alcove, and I'm not interested in
trying to duplicate effort there.

  * The community seems (to me) to be headed toward standardizing on
doc/*.md files for docs regardless, since github automatically renders
them nicely and everyone already knows markdown and writes README.md
files.

  * The community seems pretty happy with Clojars + Github. The only
issue I have is that some projects there don't have their :url and/
or :description keys properly set (thus they're not displayed (or
don't contain anything useful) at Clojars). But we can add the
relevant info over time.

  * If clojuredocs.org is rewritten in Clojure, I'm guessing a 3rd-
party project examples feature could be added pretty easily if it
turns out users really want it.

So, it now seems that the alcove --- in its current incarnation --- is
not as useful as I'd originally thought. I'm going to remove it, and
instead focus on helping make sure projects on Clojars have their :url
and :description in order.

Thanks!
---John