On Jun 25, 11:58 pm, Michael Klishin <michael.s.klis...@gmail.com>
wrote:

> Please don't get discouraged.

Thanks for the kind words, Michael! :) Not discouraged, but rather, I
want to make best use of existing resources.

> There are similar services (readthedocs.org, rubydoc.info) and they took a
> while (years) to
> get all the tooling, workflows and community awareness to the levels when
> these services are really useful and adopted.
>
> I personally believe that there is no other thing Clojure needs right now as
> badly as well written, maintained, good looking documentation for the
> language itself, clojure.core and most popular open source libraries.

I agree that great docs are a top priority, however, the way they're
currently being provided for external Clojure projects seems to be
pretty good for the time being. I mean, most Clojure projects are
using github, and github happily renders the docs as html. The
ingredients are there. The crucial piece (as I (now) see it) is being
able to find the project you want at Clojars so you can follow the
link to the docs (at github). After doing some reading, if this
project is not your cup of tea, go back to clojure-toolbox or #clojure
(irc), get help choosing something else, and go back to Clojars to
find it.

So, rather than try to duplicate what github is already doing for us
right now, I think it probably makes more sense to spend that time
writing docs and also making sure users can find the relevant github
repo from clojars.

---John