This insistence on the so-called "CA pain" seems to me overemphasized.
It's a one shot process.

Even if it takes 4 weeks for the paper to reach its destination, it does not
prevent anyone from starting to work on some contribution. The CA
needs to be in by the time the work is about to get published, not by the time
you start to contribute.

My writing is horrible, worst than a doctor, I hate filling forms by hand but I
was able to fill the CA, stamp it and drop it in the mailbox in less than 10
mns.

I live in Canada close to the US, I can understand the frustration if you have
to drop
by your local post office if it needs to get stamped over there but one time
processes like this rarely benefit from an optimization.

I would be surprised that we end up with >250,000 contributors in the next
3 years. There is simply not enough Clojure wired brains out there to get to
numbers like the above.

If it ever happens, you can bet than Clojure Core will come out
with something to avoid being flooded by papers if it is legally feasible.

Laws in many countries have been slow to move to consider
electronic formats as legally binding documents.
This may well be why a written CA is needed considering that contributors come
different countries. What may seem obviously legal in one country may not be
legal
at all in another.

Better documentation is to me by far a more urgent priority to attract newbies
than allowing CAs to be submitted electronically given the legal fees involved
just
to get an opinion about its feasability.

Luc P.

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!