I don't always remember how to create a patch, either, but I do remember where
to go to get the short instructions to do so in case I forget.  In case you are
curious, the process for creating a patch is documented here, under the heading
"Developing and submitting patches to Clojure and Clojure Contrib".  This page
is linked to from the contributing and patches pages you give links for in your
message.

http://dev.clojure.org/display/design/JIRA+workflow

On my screen it is about 2 1/2 screenfuls.  If you would prefer not to go
through those steps, I understand, but it isn't terribly arcane.

Andy