I've digested openid and using it with google, should have a working
example to share when I have a time to put it together over weekend.

I've got another common useage pattern I'd like to ask about: How do we
accomplish automatic redirect to the "correct" page?

Let's say user accesses /secret, isn't authenticated and gets redirected to
/login by friend. once authenticated, how do we ensure we get redirected
back to /secret?