On Saturday, January 19, 2013 8:56:28 PM UTC+1, Andy Fingerhut wrote:

> Irakli:
>
> I am curious about the possibility of auto-creating patches from git pull
> requests, in case that would bridge the divide between people that would
> prefer submitting pull requests, and Clojure screeners that would prefer
> evaluating patches and JIRA tickets.
>
> Causing a new git pull request to to auto-create a JIRA ticket with a
> patch sounds easy, but that isn't the whole process.
>
> What about comments that are later added to the pull request?  Are they
> auto-added as comments to the JIRA ticket?
>
> Are comments added to the JIRA ticket auto-added as comments to the pull
> request?
>
> If the JIRA ticket is closed, does that automatically close the github
> pull request?
>
> If the answer to all of the above is "yes, already works that way", then
> I'd be willing to spend a little more time looking into it.  Do you have
> links to any info on the tools that enable such behavior?
>
> Thanks,
> Andy

There's another, easier possibility - When the pull request is created,
create also the JIRA issue with the patch added, then add a github comment
pointing to the JIRA issue and close the pull request. This is not perfect,
but IMO better than the current state...

Another, even easier would be just to autopost a github comment, stating
that pull requests aren't accepted and pointing to the Clojure contributing
page...

Marek