What I find exasperating about Leinigen is that I've got a degree in
computer science, decades of experience in IT support, and I still haven't
been able to get it working yet. :-(

Package Manager? Curl? What?

OK, look, I'm not very bright. It took me years to get my head round OOP
because all the books and examples were so dull. I like this Gideros thing
I've discovered because it lets me throw together interesting programs with
sound and graphics like I used to do on my BBC Micro when I was a kid. I
feel I could release a Kindle app if I set my mind to it. I'd like to feel
the same about Clojure, but I'm struggling. I read that functional
programming is the future; it's fun; it's expressive; but to do anything
interesting with it it seems you have to be a professional programmer. I
can't imagine any teenagers releasing hit apps with it like they do with
Corona. I'm exasperated that I can't find a nice Windows-based environment
and a set of comprehensible graphics functions. Oh, just ignore me, I'm
just having a rant. ;-)