You asked a simple question, you got a plain answer.
Now if you are still grunting there's not much I can do about that.

I do agree that the doc string could be a bit more descriptive.
But what does it mean to be understandable by "normal" users ?
I am still trying to size what is a "normal" Lisp user these days.
No single answer seems to fit so far.

When I first used Lisp, inlining meant writing pseudo assembly code
right through your Lisp code most of the time using a macro.
Procedural languages had most of the time
extension directives to allow you to force inlining at your will.

Inlining is a concept that existed for more than 40 years in many programming
languages. It's not anything new. Now if you want to use it but do not
understand the implications, well it's not the doc string that will explain
it to you.

To me, definline looks simpler than any of the above.

Luc

Softaddicts<lprefonta...@softaddicts.ca> sent by ibisMail from my ipad!