Greg <g...@kinostudios.com> writes:
>> It's pretty ugly to use aliases for numerical code, e.g. with core.matrix,
>> e.g.
>
> Agreed. It's nice that :require :refer :all is available for such instances,
> isn't it?

Which leads to the crux of the question.

Given that the functionality is there, and that you agree that it is
useful, can you please therefore explain why you think a breaking change
to ns is a good thing to remove something that we are still going to be
able to do, but in a more verbose way.

Please also explain at the same time, why (use 'core.matrix) remains
clear and why this should not change to "(require 'core.matrix :refer
:all)".

The namespace declaration is too complex. The existence of ":use" is not
what causes this.

Phil