+1 to Joshua's answer.  If you want to make sure that Clojure never gets used,
convince your boss to try it and then fail to meet expectations for ANY reason.
 One thing I know, poor Clojure will take all the blame and be booted from the
company.

When my company was young, I convinced my partner to try Rails, a new comer in
the web space.  (He was a PHP guy.)  While the language was fine, he found the
tooling at the time to be difficult and confusing, and so we pitched it out in
favor of something else (python / django, as I recall).  For the next 6 years,
every time I brought up using Rails (which grew in popularity like CRAZY) he
would say "We tried that and Rails sucks.  Not doing that again."  I'd hate to
see the same thing happen to you.

When I introduced Clojure to my company, I took a senior dev aside and said
"For the next project, I'd like you to try this new thing.  Here's a book and a
Heroku account, give it a whirl."  If the project had gone sideways, so be it,
but I wasn't going to hang it all on the language's fault.  I'd be willing, as
always, to take the blame.

Just my $0.02,
Marcus

On Aug 20, 2014, at 8:06 AM, Nando Breiter <na...@aria-media.com> wrote:

> Perhaps the question is more "Is your boss (or company) suitable for
> Clojure?"
>
> On Wed, Aug 20, 2014 at 2:56 PM, Joshua Ballanco <jball...@gmail.com> wrote:
> My advice on convincing your boss to use Clojure for a new project: don't.
>
> Projects succeed or fail for any number of different reasons, but I can
> guarantee you that if you *start* a new project with Clojure, and it does
> happen to fail, then the choice of Clojure will bear the brunt of the blame
> whether it deserves it or not.

Best,
Marcus

Marcus Blankenship