I'd agree with this.

A closely held (financially) company with a small team of very bright
programmers (preferably with a decent stake in the outcome so they stay
around) will be able to exploit the power and productivity of clojure to do
with a small team fast what would need far more people in Java

The type of company that wants to throw money and people at a project to
scale it up would be a disaster with Clojure. Even the people that manage
to master functional programming won't be able to understand each other's
code because it tends to be more abstract and there are more ways of
expressing things.

Java is a brilliant lowest common denominator language where your options
are deliberately restricted and you really have to spell everything out
explicitly so any idiot with a debugger can work out what is going on.

As a general point about doing anything 'new' if the guy "where the buck
stops" is driving it, it can be made to work/covered up if it goes wrong.
If you are NOT the guy where the buck stops but are the guy with his name
against a decision then as soon as anything goes wrong whether it has
anything to do with the technology choice or not you become mr fall guy, to
be blamed and fired so that other people can keep their jobs. Seen it
happen so many times.