Sweden has some things going for it, and some not, as always. I think
business overall is somewhat less cutthroat here than in the States, which
is why it struck me that I might be making assumptions about what OP should
or should not do out of ignorance of his situation. The scape goat
reasoning really brought this home.

At the two most recent places I've been (I'm a consultant, a UX designer),
they've worked with autonomous teams. That is, the teams are themselves
responsible for deciding how to solve a problem, sometimes including what
programming language to use. One result of this seems to emerge (I only
have a sample size of two) a microservice centered design and a general
decoupling between the teams.

Also, it naturally seems to lead to a more heterogeneous environment, for
good or for bad. This seems to be somewhat self-regulating however, as
other most members of a team will protest if one member wants to write the
new service in the Shakespearean Programming Language, for example. It also
leads to the same kind of resistance to more sensible choices as well, like
Clojure. But unlike SPL or Brainfuck, they actually have chance of being
used if they show merit, probably by filling some niche role to begin with.

When I was with Spotify, I learned that they had snuck in some Clojure in
one of the teams of the organization. No one has been fired yet, and
everyone seems happy enough. Especially the people who now get to do at
least *some* Clojure during their work day.

Oh, and like Linus, I try to promote Clojure wherever I go. As a designer,
I'd love to work with a team that uses Clojure. That is, a team that
understands that incidental complexity eventually seeps out to for the user
to deal with, and so on. Unfortunately, being framed as a designer means I
have less natural authority when I say that Clojure is awesome. Although
this is somewhat mitigated somewhat by the sheer shock of having a designer
saying something comprehensible about a programming language.