Dear lord... May I please echo the imploration that folks take the editor
flame war else where. And while I'm at it, Vim FTW...

On the note of DATA SCIENCE...

I agree that Clojure has some catching up to do, both in tooling and
awareness/perception. But it also has some major strengths in this area.
Companies like the Climate Corp and Prismatic are certainly using Clojure
for data analysis and ML to good effect, and I think they might have a lot
to say about it's strengths.

As for Incanter, I would definitely recommend upgrading, primarily because
2.0 (I believe) will be using core.matrix for it's matrix arithmetic and
datasets. This certainly is a major refactor, but one that brings it in
better pairing with what's going on in the rest of the Clojure community. I
think part of why Incanter hasn't seen much pumping or visible change
lately is because folks have been scrambling to get this new release ready,
which I commend.

Chris