On Monday, 30 March 2015 14:46:53 UTC+1, Christian Weilbach wrote:

> I have started working on R integration with the help of rinancanter
> (1) and it was nice to have dedicated R code cells with at least
> syntax highlighting that I can mix with Clojure code in the same JVM
> environment.
>
> http://viewer.gorilla-repl.org/view.html?source=github&user=ghubber&repo=cnc&path=rincanter.clj
>
> I am not sure whether this fits the design atm. though. I also had a
> look at renjin, but I think the native plugins mandate an RVM
> integration atm.

You might find http://beakernotebook.com interesting, if you haven't seen
it before. It allows several languages in the same notebook, and has  a
simple mechanism for sharing data between the language environments. It's
pretty green at the moment, but it has some serious backing, so could be
pretty useful once it's got a bit more polish on it. I chatted a little
with someone who was hoping to implement a Clojure plugin for it, although
I don't know how they've gotten on since.

 I also have taken a paper I liked and implemented a quick version of

> SNE, which was fairly nice to do in Gorilla REPL:
>
> http://viewer.gorilla-repl.org/view.html?source=github&user=ghubber&repo=cnc&path=stochastic-neighbour-embedding.clj
>
> A problem seems to be unicode support, I tried to use some math
> symbols from the notation in the paper directly, but the viewer seems
> to have a problem with it.

Not sure what the problem is there - my feeling is it should just work, on
the Gorilla side. If there's a test case you can point to (with an expected
result) I can take a look at it.

Jony